This type of inspection is typically known as a Pre-Purchase Inspection. The inspection is a much more thorough & involved inspection that covers a lot more than a traditional termite inspection.
The last thing you want is to move into your new home only to find that it has no protection from termites or worse still, active termites are inside the building. I have heard so many horror stories over the years where an unsuspecting homebuyer has purchased their dream home without having a Pre-Purchase & Building Inspection performed, only to find that it has been decimated by termites. Worst still the damage may potentially lead into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
This is an important initial assessment of what problems exist, where the problem is, why it is a problem & most importantly, what can be done about it. We will conduct a full visual inspection to all accessible areas of the property including the following:
1. The external walls of the building
2. Grounds pertaining to the property including trees, tree stumps, landscaping timbers, retaining walls, fences, deckings
3. The internal areas of the building, sounding all accessible timbers including door frame timbers, skirting board timbers, window frame timbers
4. Inspection of the accessible internal walls for the presence of high moisture
5. The roof void
6. Subfloor areas where applicable
“A Pre-Purchase Inspection on your new home is a must. Make sure you are getting what you paid for and no supprises.”
The purchase of a new home can come after months or even years of saving then building or making a purchase. Don’t rush to accept your new home if you feel it is not up to scratch. Get a professional and licensed pest controller in to give you a qualified opinion.